Dusty Volumes

maggie and milly and molly and may went down to the beach(to play one day)

The Googlization of Everything: (And Why We Should Worry) - Siva Vaidhyanathan This gets a bonus ★ for raising some interesting questions occasionally, but the delivery is terrible. The comparison of Google's rise to power with that of Julius Caesar is an evocative one, though underdeveloped. Similarly, the thesis that by doing nothing (or, too little too late) we allowed car companies and airlines to shape our societies much more for their own benefits than for ours during the 20th Century, and need to be very careful not to let technology companies do likewise in the 21st, is an intriguing one (as in both cases the results aren't necessarily obviously bad for us, just perhaps not as good as they could/should be). But the descriptions of the problem seem slightly off-key, and the proposed solutions are entirely unconvincing.

Black Swan Green
David Mitchell
The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary
Simon Winchester
Mis on Vabadus
Oscar Brenifier, Frédéric Rébéna
Shades of Grey
Jasper Fforde
The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements
Sam Kean